My friends, first thing’s first, I want everyone reading this to know—this has almost ZERO to do with actual physical weight loss. My ultimate goal is health.. to FEEL good inside & out.
My beauty routine consists of nourishing my body & feeding my soul.
Four years ago I was so sick because of my diet, lifestyle, habits, outlook on life, etc that there were times I couldn’t get out of bed for weeks.
I needed a change. So what did I start doing differently/continue doing to this day??
snowbanshees replied to your post:my cheeks haven’t been this acne free since i was…tell me ur secrets ashley!! i’m struggling with my face this summer
mostly everything i do comes form reading up on junk and pestering ppl i follow about their skincare regimen. and i do so many things that idk if i can pinpoint it to ONE THING!!! but okay!
- wash my face twice a day w/ the oil cleansing method. i use safflower oil. here’s a thing that talks about oils for acne prone skin and maybe why certain oils aren’t working for some people. i use warm water to wash it off, i really disliked that whole ‘wet a washcloth and put it on your face to steam it’ technique. i pat my skin dry w/ a washcloth
- i use a toner. i’m a big fan of thayer’s witch hazel toners since they’re alcohol free.
- my face usually feels pretty moisturized at that point usually, but i’ll spritz my face w/ a rosewater and glycerin mix (heritage products is the brand i use)
- PUT ON SUNSCREEN IF YOU GO OUTSIDE
- anyway, during the night time, i’ll put on rosehip seed oil on my hyperpigmentation/acne scars and spot treat acne with tea tree oil.
- sometimes i’ll put on a honey facial mask for 15 minutes and then wash it off. make sure it’s raw honey (i think some people prefer it over oil cleansing so there’s that too! plus there are other mask recipes, like there’s a nutmeg/cinnamon/honey recipes)
- in terms of exfoliating, i use a mix of brown sugar/oil + sometimes mix in honey
that sounds like so much omg.
OTHER THINGS THAT MIGHT BE A FACTOR?
- i’m also using this bb cream and it’s all ‘clear your skin! fade marks!!!’ idk if it’s actually doing that but HEY, BB CREAM FOR DARKER SKINNED PEOPLE, FAIRLY CHEAP, ACTUALLY MADE IN KOREA WHICH IS KNOWN FOR SWELL BB CREAMS, WHOA.
- i’m taking fish oil and vitex supplements bc i think my acne was caused by wild hormones and also i used to have horrible periods + i’m off birth control so yeah. those may be factors too. also, i know some people take DIM as a hormone control supplement and yes, everyone is different! but from my own experience, DIM had awful side-effects i wish i looked up beforehand(i got the bleeding gums side effect >:|)